Speech@NYU’s Inaugural Cohort Starts Classes
On September 6, 2016, the inaugural cohort of aspiring speech-language pathologists began classes for Speech@NYU, our online master of science program in Communicative Sciences and Disorders. Currently residing all over the United States, these dedicated students reflect the academic achievement and diversity characteristic of NYU.
Inaugural Cohort Student Profile
- Age Range: 22 – 44 years old
- Undergraduate Alma Maters (Top Five): Utah State, Penn State, Syracuse, University of Southern California, Indiana University
- Undergraduate Majors (Top Five): Communicative Sciences and Disorders/Speech-Language Pathology, Psychology, Music, Linguistics, Communications
- State Representation: 15 US states
- Demographics: African American, Asian, Caucasian, Hispanic
Speech@NYU Is Helping to Meet the Need for Speech-Language Pathologists
As more Americans seek treatment for speech and swallowing disorders, speech-language pathologists (SLPs) are increasingly needed in schools, hospitals, and other settings nationwide. We are excited to meet this growing need by offering a comprehensive master’s degree program online to students living across the United States, bringing different perspectives and experiences to the virtual classroom.
Accredited by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association’s Council on Academic Accreditation, Speech@NYU prepares students to work with both children and adults in a variety of professional settings. Comprising 48 graduate-level credits, the program is currently offered on a part-time schedule, with a full-time schedule expected to be available starting in Fall 2017. All foundation courses required for students without a speech-language pathology background are available online through the program.
Speech@NYU students earn their degree through:
- weekly, face-to-face online classes;
- engaging online course work;
- two on-campus clinical immersions in New York City; and
- three clinical externships at NYU-approved sites near students’ communities.
Our new online MS program enables us to bring NYU’s rigorous education to students across the United States while bringing some of the best students and future clinicians from across the United States to NYU.
Interested in learning how you can become part of Speech@NYU’s next cohort? Request information by emailing an admissions counselor or call 888-698-0462.